Sakuya sakuya.pl

Here's a list of some of the projects I did that I think are worth showcasing, not limited to software.

bubblesub

Since aegisub, "the" program for anime subtitles, didn't actually fit my needs, I ended up creating my own subtitle editor that works with ASS/SSA subtitles. It features video preview, spectrogram, video band, frame synchronization, slow playback with pitch correction and advanced plugin system. Read more on GitHub. (Python, QT, GNU/Linux)

Patch for Tomb Raider I (1996)

When you finish the level while holding the Action button and you happen to use TombATI, the game freezes and the only thing you can do is to close it. I've made a patch that fixes this issue which can be downloaded here:

To use this patch, paste these files into your game directory, overwriting the existing files. If something goes wrong, here and here you can get the original files back. Made for the speedrunning community after seeing one ruined playthrough too many :)

DRM and TCT video frontends for mpv

I coded two video outputs for a popular media player, mpv: DRM (that lets you play files on GNU/Linux systems without having to run X server) and TCT (that lets you play media in your terminal with decent quality).

IDA image preview plugin

A plugin for the IDA disassembler that lets you view program memory as a raw bitmap. Read more on on GitHub. (Python)

CRC manipulator

A utility that lets you manipulate CRC32 (and few CRC16) checksums of your files. The motivation for this project is largely in anime fansubbing scene – releases there often have checksums in their names, and this tool was created to let fansubbers change these checksums into whatever numbers they wish. Read more on GitHub. (C++, QT, multiplatform)

Knytt Underground maps

Knytt Underground is a great platformer with huge 2D world. The exploration had proved to be challenging, so I decided to create a map of it. Read more on GitHub. (Python)

Coding for Tsujidou-san no Jun'ai Road

Tsurezure Scans, a group that creates fan translations of games and manga, had invited me to work with them on translating "Tsujidou-san no Jun'ai Road". I managed to reverse engineer the game to the extent that was necessary, while the other two guys translated the whole thing. The project was a success and the game saw a popularity boost in the West :) You can see the toolkit on GitHub.

Progress Quest: the CLI edition

I've ported a popular zero player RPG, Progress Quest, to run in a terminal. Read more on GitHub.

arc_unpacker

A huge datamining tool that extracts media from various Japanese games of the visual novel genre. Supports over 450 games. Eventually, I lost interest in its development as the project grew too big for me to maintain on my own and adding support for more games was no longer fun for me. Read more on GitHub. (C++, multiplatform)

szurubooru

A web gallery with users and permission system. Supports tagging, tag suggestions and implications, videos, sticky annotations, detecting visually similar images, rating, favoriting, rich search system, solid API and more. Eventually, I lost interest in its development as I was no longer using it. Read more on GitHub. (Python, ES6)

Fansubbing

I'm doing anime fansubs in my spare time. Yay! :)